3rd Liver Research Nurses Study Day
22 June 2017
Senior Research Nurses, Emma Burke and Diana Hull from The University of Birmingham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, would like to invite you to the 3rd Liver Research Nurse study day taking place on the 22nd June 2017, at the Institute of Translational Medicine.
Once again we have some exciting topics to hear about from speakers knowledgeable in the field of Hepatology and Oncology. The day promises to be an enlightening one with topics covering:
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis & Primary Biliary Cirrhosis; treatment options
- Specialist Nurse Organ Donation (SNOD)
- Vittal clinical trial – medical devices
- Drug, alcohol addiction and mental health
- Hepatitis B – Patient case studies
- Hepatitis C case studies
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: growing case for Immunotherapy as a treatment option
- Ethical dilemmas in OLT; opt in or opt out approach
- The challenge to maintain an adequate nutritional state in patients with liver disease
- Sports & exercise post liver transplant; a patients perspective
This event is open to all research nurses and healthcare professionals. We hope you can join us.
Registration is £20
Please contact Diana Hull (Diana.Hull@uhb.nhs.uk) for registration details.