What to Expect
If you would like to speak to a member of the team or have a tour of the facility before your planned study visit, please contact us using the phone number provided.
During your visit
- Depending on the type of study you are taking part in, you may be called through to an out-patient room, a comfortable chair in a bay, or an inpatient bed. You might not always be seen in the same place for every visit, but this will be explained to you at the beginning of the study. You are welcome to bring a parent/friend or family member with you.
- Study visits may vary in length, and may have different procedures and tests. Before you agree to take part in the study, a Doctor or Research Nurse will fully explain what will happen to you (or your child) during the study. Facilities such as kitchens, fully accessible toilets, showers and televisions are available on both sites. The paediatric facility has lots of fun toys, games and activities available for all ages!
After your visit
- Once your visit has finished, the research nurse will explain what happens next and when you will need to come back (if you need to come back).
- You may be asked to book another appointment before you go. If you have any questions please ask the Doctor or the Research Nurse, who will be more than happy to help.
- You will be given contact details of a research nurse in case you have any queries after leaving the department.