Introduction to Metabolomics for the Clinical Scientist
22 October 2018
The 1-day course in partnership with the Phenome Centre Birmingham will provide clinicians with an overview of the metabolomics pipeline highlighting the benefits of this technique to the medical field and an introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre.
- Introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the Imperial MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre showcasing facilities and expertise available.
- Introduction to metabolomics
- Importance of experimental design and sample collection
- Overview of technologies available for data acquisition highlighting discovery phase profiling technologies and targeted platforms for the validation of biomarkers
- Overview of technologies available for data analysis
- Case studies – large-scale metabolic phenotyping, translation to targeted assays, clinical practice
- Question and answer session with the experts
Standard Registration – £200
University of Birmingham or Birmingham Health Partners (including all UHB Staff) Registration – £100
Find out more, and register for the course here