Introduction to Metabolomics for the Clinical Scientist
11 March 2019
11 March 2019, 09:45-16:15
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
The 1-day course, organised by the University of Birmingham in partnership with the Phenome Centre Birmingham, will provide clinicians with an overview of the metabolomics pipeline highlighting the benefits of this technique to the medical field and an introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre.
The course will provide a suitable introduction to metabolomics prior to taking additional training courses at either the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre or the Imperial International Phenome Training Centre.
- Introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the Imperial MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre showcasing facilities and expertise available
- Introduction to metabolomics
- Importance of experimental design and sample collection
- Overview of technologies available for data acquisition highlighting discovery phase profiling technologies and targeted platforms for the validation of biomarkers
- Overview of technologies available for data analysis
- Case studies – large-scale metabolic phenotyping, translation to targeted assays, clinical practice
- Question and answer session with the experts
Cost: University of Birmingham or Birmingham Health Partners (UHB, BWC) Registration – £100
Standard Registration – £200
Level: The course is suitable for individuals with no previous experience of metabolomics.
If you have any questions or queries, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.