Registering a study with R&D

To register a study with the R&D Governance office please email or

The R&D Governance Office will write to acknowledge the registration and set out the documents and other requirements for authorising the study, as set out in the Applying for R&D Approval section of this website.  We will not process the application further until a minimum set of documents has been returned.

When the R&D Governance Office acknowledges registration of a new study it will also request some local documents for completion and signature including:

  • Principal Investigator Agreement
  • Divisional Director/ Clinical Service Lead approval form
  • Local ionising radiation risk assessment form (IRMER Form), where appropriate
  • Data Transfer Form
  • Sponsor Form/Questionnaire for studies which UHB are asked to sponsor or for studies where we have not received confirmation about who the sponor is if not UHB.
  • Chief Investigator Agreement if UHB are the sponsor
  • Treatment Continuation Form