Research Application Support (RAS)
The Research Application Support (RAS) team remit is to support researchers to develop research ideas and provide pre-award grant facilitation support.
This is available to all researchers preparing academic studies for funding applications that involve UHB patients, staff, facilities, samples or data. RAS works across the Clinical Research Network, Birmingham Health Partners and beyond to support high quality research grant applications involving academic and industry partners and can link and signpost researchers to specialist expertise.
The team will:
- identify support services and sign post to key infrastructure teams
- ensure grants are appropriately costed to ensure NHS deliverability and meet NIHR ad funder guidelines
- facilitate letter of support and sign off for Lead NHS site
- facilitate the submission of awards for UHB Board of Directors ensuring post award contracting is efficient.
- review funder feedback to aid future submissions
- identify new funding opportunities
Telephone: 0121 371 4206 Internal: 14206
The RAS team leaflet provides more information about the team and the support they can provide.
These guidelines have been developed to facilitate the efficient development of clinical trials that are led by a UoB Clinical Trials Unit and have a Birmingham Health Partner NHS Trust as a lead clinical site.